A/C Compressor Guarantee terms:
Compressors are to be installed as follows:
1. The installation is to be done exclusively by mechanics qualified in the installation of A/C compressors for cars following the technical instructions referring to the installation of this appliance.
2. Any modification to the compressor is strictly forbidden. On remanufactured compressors it may be necessary to swap the wire plug from the old unit to the replecament unit.
3. Discharge the gas from AC system with appropriate recovery equipment
4. Find and end all the factors leading to the defection of the old compressor before mounting the new one.
5. In most cases the defection of the A/C system is not caused by the compressor itself but by other parts of the system - you must find and rectify this underlying fault otherwise the replacement will fail.
Find and change these parts before installing the new compressor:
Expansion valve: In cases where the vehicle is equipped with an expansion valve, the expansion valve must be replaced.
Orifice tube: In cases where the vehicle is equipped with an orifice tube, the orifice tube must be replaced.
Paralell flow condenser: In cases where the vehicle is equipped with a paralell flow condenser, the condenser must be replaced.
Replace the free run pulley - which is typically installed on the alternator - (required in all cases where the AC compressor and alternator are driven by the same belt).
Inspect - and if necessary replace the belt. We recommend that all belt tensioners with a mileage higher than 150.000 kilometers must be exchanged). Please be aware that a defect belt tensioner can cause serious damage, not only to the compressor itself, but also the engine. 6. Remove the defect compressor and receiver drier
7. Flush the complete A/C system thoroughly with a special detergent (automotive A/C cleaning liquid) before fitting the compressor. Do not use alcohol or petroleum based solvents!
8. Before fitting the compressor, 50% of oil must be removed and later added when charging the system.
9. Install the replacement compressor without belt. When fitting replacement compressor it is sometimes necessary to have the fault codes removed from the car’s computer (ECU) memory otherwise the compressor may not receive the correct feed and will not pump.
10. Turn the shaft on the replacement compressor 10 revolutions by hand and install the compressor belt.
11. Install new receiver drier. Replace expansion valve or orifice tube and the condenser (if paralell flow).
12. Evacuate and recharge the AC system according OEM specifications.
We recommend to charge first 75% of the total gas charge and then within a period of 10 minutes add the remaining 25% with the AC system on maximum performance
13. Operate the AC system:
Measure the voltage over the electronic control valve, it has to be between 11-13V.
Observe the suction and discharge pressure and measure that the cabin temperature is getting lower.
Measure the temperature of the replacement ac compressor and make sure it is not overheated
14. Please make sure that the condenser fan starts up in the correct direction. (If the condenser fan(s) does not start up the compressor will continue to build up an abnormal pressure and that may result in a serious system break down.)
The guarantee for the ordered compressors is valid for 24 months from the reception - on condition the guarantee terms have been respected.
The guarantee is not valid if:
1. the mounting was not done by a qualified mechanic,
2. the failure is due to the use of inappropriate tools, materials and spare parts,
3. the above mentioned instructions concerning the fitting of the product have not been followed entirely,
4. the compressor has deliberately been damaged following the receipt
Return of claimed goods:
Please contact AutoKlima Service AS representative before returning of any goods.
You will receive a claim form that has to be filled up by your mechanic.
A copy of the commercial invoices about the spare parts as proof of replacement is required to be send with the filled-up warranty form.
A copy of the invoice from the installer must be attached to the claim.
Working on AC systems are for authorized specialists with current certificate entitling them to repair car air-conditioning.
The returned compressor has to be complete. Please do not disassemble the unit.
Nearly all defects found on spare compressor under warranty have involved damage from residues of the original failed compressor still remaining within the system or in the receiver drier.
Compressor damage during shipping:
If compressor was delivered in damaged packaging it is necessary to take a picture before opening the package and describe the package damages on the delivery documents.
Se også garantivilkår fra produsenten her
Les mer om F-gass forordningen her